- Join WIDE+ as member!
- WIDE+ undersigns statement against regulatory cooperation in TTIP negotiations, February 2015
- Searching for socio-ecological and socio-economic transformation: a feminist perspective on the 4th De-Growth Conference in Germany
- Financing for Development and the Post-2015 agenda: the past and upcoming processes, February 2015
- Institutional Violence against women in Spain
- The 13th Encuentro Feminista Latinoamericano y del Caribe in Peru, Lima, 22-25 November, 2014
- WIDE+ at the 1st Global Partnership for Effective Development Cooperation High-Level Meeting in Mexico
- International Conference ‘The European Economic Crisis and its consequences for women’, March 2014
- WIDE+ participated in international feminist meeting ‘Together, for a global feminist struggle’, San Salvador, 19-23 May 2014
- Building an Inclusive Media: report workshop co-hosted by the Central America Women’s Network and Frauensolidarität
- KULU Impressions of the UN Commission on the Status of Women’s 58th Session, 2014
- News about Feminism and Women’s Rights, September 2014 – February 2015
- WIDE+ newsletter 4 is out, October 2013
- 20 years after: the Women’s Human Rights paradigm in the current neoliberal context
- 9th Asia Europe People’s Forum
- Announcement: Feminism in NGO Conference “Vienna+20“, 25-26 June 2013
- Announcement: WIDE+ Comeback meeting, 4-5 July 2013, Madrid, Spain
- Another Economy is Possible: Women building and linking transnational alternatives to the current neoliberal model, Women’s Workshop, Chile, January 2013
- CSO Partnership for Development Effectiveness and its feminist approach in Europe
- CSW: Optimism in spite of Challenges and Results – Yes, We Could!
- Feminists at the forefront of European struggles for justice
- From Margin to Center? Consequences of Dutch Parliamentary Elections for Women’s Rights
- Gender, Development and New Aid Architecture post 2015: Architects or Pawns in Development Engineering?
- Gender, Power, Work: Working contexts from a feminist perspective
- Impressions from the World Social Forum 2013 in Tunis
- KARAT Coalition Birthday Fundraiser event
- KULU at EMHRN Gender Working Group Meeting in Cyprus
- Resources from around the world on gender, development and trade, September 2014 – February 2015
- Rio+20 Do We Want this Future?
- The Future WE Want: Occupy development
- The Vienna+20 NGO Conference “Human rights in crisis“
- UN Special Rapporteur on Feminicide and Violence against women in Italy
- WIDE+ member in the spotlight: GADN network UK
- WIDE+ Workshop: “Identifying feminist opportunities and voices in times of crises”
- WIDE+E at the 2013 Vienna+20 Basque Country Tribunal on Women’s Rights
- WIDE+E in Spain and Europe: Feminism against patriarchal neoliberalism
- Women’s access to justice is not only about the law
- Women’s Rights in Development: Feminist and Social Alternatives to the Development Agenda
- European News, October 2014 – February 2015
- Feminist demands for post 2015 Development
- Upcoming Conferences and events, February 2015
- Women’s Rights Now! CEDAW Shadow Report Austria
- Women’s Rights and the Post-2015 agenda: the time is NOW!
- International Forum “Convergences 2015”, Paris, September, 2012
- Development Effectiveness process – what is next for feminists in Europe and worldwide?
- News from WIDE+ network members and other events
- WIDE+ Newsletter 2015, issue 1
Reports and pictures from Conference ‘Gender@sustainability’ and celebration: A toast to WIDE+’, 31 October, 2014, Switzerland
This international conference organized by WIDE Switzerland provided thought provoking and analytical presentations on the relations between the concepts of gender equality and sustainability. It also addressed current international policy developments such as the Sustainable Development Goals and the several trade negotiations (TTIP and TISA). And strategies for collective action towards sustainable and equal societies were discussed. Parallel to the conference WIDE+ founding General Assembly was held that resulted in a new board, an adopted constitution and founding members. The formalization of WIDE+ was celebrated during the evening after the conference: a toast to WIDE+!
Inputs, reports and pictures from the conference gender@sustainability are now online together with the evening of celebrating WIDE+: http://www.wide-network.ch/en/Gender_at_Sustainability/conference_documentation.php
The 13th Encuentro Feminista Latinoamericano y del Caribe in Peru, Lima, 22-25 November, 2014
Searching for socio-ecological and socio-economic transformation: a feminist perspective on the 4th De-Growth Conference in Germany
In this article Christa Wichterich reflects on the discourses and strategies discussed during the 4th De-Growth Conference. De conference brought 3000 people together in Leipzig, in September 2014, through 450 workshops, cultural events and plenaries.
The globalization of structural adjustment programmes: Lessons from feminists and women in the Global South
In the recently launched magazine of the EWL, WIDE+ members Patricia Muñoz Cabrera and Virginia López Calvo reflected on the Structural Adjustment programmes: http://wp.me/p2KSLS-ak
WIDE+ undersigns statement against regulatory cooperation in TTIP negotiations, February 2015
Regulatory cooperation is the ultimate tool to prevent or weaken future public interest standards for citizens, workers, consumers, and the environment. This is the key message from the statement signed by around 170 civil society organizations on regulatory cooperation in the negotiations on TTIP (Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership, a neo-liberal trade agreement) between the EU and the US. The latest leaked European Commission position on the regulatory cooperation chapter of the TTIP negotiations has further heightened the concerns from all CSOs.
UN postMDG2015 negotiations lack understanding of women’s human rights and needed economic conditions and Financing for Development agenda, the past and upcoming processes, February 2015
WIDE+ signs statement of Financial Transparency Coalition and Latindadd Conference “Tackle the links between illicit capital flows, tax policies and gender justice”
WIDE+ supports statement on recognising women’s rights in UNHRC Declaration on the Rights of Peasants and other People Living in Rural Areas
WIDE+ MEMBERS NEWS
GADN publication “Unpaid care: a priority for the post-2015 development goals and beyond”
Formation de formatrices et formateurs en genre, Bruxelles, Belgium by Le Monde selon Les Femmes
Karat Coalition’s statement during the UNECE NGO Geneva Forum available
To read the full statement: http://www.karat.org/category/karats-statements/
WIDE+ member TIYE International released statement at NGO Forum and UNECE Meeting “BEIJING + 20”, November 2014
Spanish NGOs, including WIDE+ members CEIM and WIDE+E, are critical towards Spanish Action Plan UN 1325
WIDE+ member Karat coordinates alternative CEDAW report Poland
*Gender and Social and Solidarity Economy, paper series by UNRISD.
*European Women’s Lobby report “1995-2015: From Words to Action”.
*The Cost of Inequality in Women’s Work – Close the Gap!, 2015 report by Action Aid.
NEWS ABOUT FEMINISM AND WOMEN’S RIGHTS
*UN General Assembly adopts historic resolution on child, early & forced marriage.
*Feminist Principles of the internet.
*Beijing+20 UNECE NGO Forum Declaration.
*Women at Lima Climate Change Conference blast failure for real Action.
*Sexual violence in the Ukraine war.
*One women acquitted from imprisonment for miscarriage in El Salvador, now more should follow.
UPCOMING EVENTS among others;
*WILPF 2015 Conference: Uniting a Global Movement of Women’s Power to Stop War, 27-29 April, 2015, The Hague, the Netherlands
*International Conference “The strength of Critique: Trajectories of Marxism – Feminism”, 20-22 March, Berlin, Germany